by Ian Shires on 4 December, 2018
I received this email today and thought I’d share it with you:
This time of year people are out Christmas shopping and celebrating with friends.
As the crowds grow out on the street and in bars, restaurants and clubs, we also tend to see a rise in robbery, but by following a few simple tips you can help protect your property out on the street:
· Listen to your instincts – if you don’t feel safe move to a busier area.
· Know your route and avoid badly-lit streets.
· Always try and tell someone where you’re going and when you’ll be back.
· If you take a different route home from your friends, let each other know that you’ve arrived safely. Call or text your friend once you arrive home safely.
· Carry your bag securely. Put the strap across your body and make sure the fasteners are facing you.
· If you use a cashpoint, try to do so during daylight hours and, wherever possible, use the machines situated inside the building society or bank. If you have to use a cashpoint at night go with a friend and stay alert to other people on the street.
· Avoid carrying your wallet or phone in your back pocket and never hold it out on display.
We hope you all have a happy and safe time.
|Message Sent By
Kevin Pitt (Police, Engagement and Consultation Officer, Walsall)