by Ian Shires on 29 July, 2020
Scrutiny Overview Committee (of which I am a member) met yesterday evening Tuesday 28 July. These meetings are now captured on You Tube so members of the public can view them live or at a time to suit them.
This months Agenda included the following items:-
• Pre-Audit Outturn 2019/20 – this was to give scrutiny members the opportunity to comment on the report on this subject that went to Cabinet 17 June 2020
• Corporate Financial Performance 2020/21, COVID-19 update and Budget framework 2021/22 to 2023/24 – this was to give scrutiny members the opportunity to comment on the Council’s performance as reported to Cabinet 15 July 2020
• A Review of the Resilient Communities Model – This was to give scrutiny members to speak to the final report and recommendations of the Resilient Communities Working Group established by the committee back in January of this year. To make comments and to agree it go to the next meeting of the Cabinet in August
• Areas of Focus and the Forward Plan – where members of scrutiny decide what reports they want at their next meeting on 25 August 2020.
NB. As promised I raised the issue of Unauthorised Encampments and committee agreed that a report would go to the August 25th meeting.
This report will look at the events leading up to the the 1st incursion at New Invention Junior School Playing Fields, Essington Rd onto Coppice Farm and Five Fields. It will also look at protection for vulnerable sites. I have already sent in a comprehensive list of sites in our area :-
• Coppice Farm Neighbourhood Park off Coppice Farm Way, Willenhall • New Invention Junior School Playing Fields off Essington Rd, Willenhall • Playing Fields off Littleton Rd/Breton Rd, Willenhall • Short Heath Park off Johnson Rd/Hawthorne Rd. Willenhall • Green Space off Tennyson Rd. Willenhall • Five Fields off Pool Hayes Lane, Willenhall • Open Space off Stroud Ave, Willenhall • Rough Wood Country Park, Bentley Haye off Bentley Lane, Willenhall.
If there are others you think need including please message me (remember this is for within the Walsall Council area only).
Please follow the link below to view the meeting of Scrutiny Overview Committee on 28 July 2020 at 6.00 p.m:
Leave a comment